The Tuscan town of Carrara is popular for Carrara marble; in fact, the entire town Massa-Carrara is famous for this. This type of marble has been in use for a very long time; in fact, it was also used during the Roman Empire for many types of construction projects. The Carrara Marble Slabs are made from very small calcium carbonate crystals. It has a soft white-grey tone with dark grey veins that run through the stone. It is very popular for its extraordinary whiteness, however; it also tends to contain a slight bluish and greyish hue.
This was the preferred material by many popular artists like Michelangelo as well as Giovanni and Nicola Piasano. The reason why it is so popular is that it is highly resilient, has a very good natural texture, is available in several colours and is popular for its extremely good finish. It is the preferred material of many decorators and architects around the world. This article goes on to provide an essential insight into this type of marble slab in Melbourne.
Carrara marble is one of the most popular marbles when it comes to interior decorations. It is used for various types of constructions and is very popular in the art industry as well. Here are some of the common applications:
- Kitchen countertops are more often than not made from this type of marble.
- This is the preferred material for many different types of applications in the kitchen.
- Stone tiles in Melbourne for a hallway or corridors, bedrooms, lounges, kitchen and bathroom.
- Decoration of the fireplace surrounds as well as the backsplash in the kitchen.
- Marble pavers are useful for the space surrounding the swimming pools, patios, decks, gazebos, courtyard and also the driveway.
- Bianco Carrara Marble is essentially maintenance-free however the sealing done at the time of installation should be might require attention over a period of time.
- It should ideally be cleaned with good quality cleaning products and with the help of mild non-abrasive cloths. Coffee stains, for example, are one of the most common ones. Thankfully, they are not so difficult to clean.
- This is one of the least expensive natural countertop materials.
- It is one of the most popular materials for use in the kitchen in Italy and many other countries in the world including Australia.
- This is a good method of increasing the value of your home and is known to offer a high return on investment.
- Common factors affecting the cost of the marble include the grade which is based on the number of impurities, thickness, and size and finish type.
Benefits of using Carrara marble
Marble happens to one of the most beautiful natural stones with the amazing ability to enhance the appearance of any space it is installed in. The refraction index of marble is comparatively very low allowing light to penetrate it resulting in a dazzling look. There are many types of natural stones available like marble, limestones, etc. at a supplier in Melbourne, however, Carrara marble happens to be one of the most popular ones and also the most economical. Some of the other popular ones include Calacatta and Statuary marble. Carrara happens to be the most popular one from Italy, Calacatta marble is a whiter marble that appears more luxurious, while Statuary marble has lesser colour variations and darker veins.
One of the main advantages of opting for marble is that it is timeless and offers classic beauty. It has low heat conductivity making it ideal for use as countertops as well as pavers or tiles. It is also fairly economical and does not scratch easily. The fact that it remains cool makes it ideal for baking; the surface will not be affected by the hot baking pans. It is also ideal for special constructions and where there is a need to cut it into special shapes since it is soft and easy to cut. It is easy to get your hands on Carrara marble at the stone supplier in Melbourne.
- An Insight Into Bianco Carrara Marble - March 23, 2021
- How Much Does Rope Access Technician Earn? - March 16, 2021
- What Are the Top Kitchen Renovations Mistakes You Need to Avoid - March 8, 2021