First of all, I have to admit, that I am a huge lover of meat. I love to prepare all sorts of stakes and I can never get sick of them, because I always use different methods, prepare various side dishes and sauces. However, during the summer period, the grill is used heavily and if I don’t maintain it properly, it can wear out quickly.. In addition, if the grill is dirty, the food prepared on it is not going to taste as good. So here are a few tips.
In order to keep the BBQ in good condition and serving you longer, cleaning is an essential part of its maintenance.
1. Clean after each use. The best way to deal with grime and grease is to prevent it from building up. Cleaning before and after each use will actually save you time (I know it doesn’t sound like it, but it is true). When you clean after you have used it, the grease and the food particles are still warm and very easy to wipe away. Cleaning before each use will ensure that you cook your meal in a clean and hygienic grill.
2. If you haven’t cleaned and used it in a while, and for tough dirt and grease, use scrapers and/or scrubbing stone. You can easily get these in most home improvement stores.
3. Keep the manufacturer’s cleaning instructions handy. You may have to consult them if you have doubts about how to clean your BBQ.
4. Clean the grease trays – absolutely necessary! Check the local rules and regulations for safely disposing old grease and make sure you soak the grease tray in warm soapy water. You can use regular washing detergent.
5. The cooking trays you can scrub with the wider brush, soak them in warm water and clean gently with detergent. You can also use white distilled vinegar or Epsom salt. Leave them to dry.
6. When it comes to grates, you will need to wash and clean them after every use. Oh, don’t get so sad! Keep in mind that the warmer they are, the easier you will get rid of the grease.
7. Clean thoroughly outside at the end of your cleaning session for a finished look.
Remember, that cleaning instructions might change depending on what kind of grill you have. If you have parts made of stainless steel, obviously you will need to get yourself some stainless steel detergent. In addition, prepare newspapers and kitchen roll for the wiping. Lemon juice, white distilled vinegar and baking soda are good natural cleaners also, but more on that in later topics.
- Five Changes to Apply to Your House Before Selling It - June 28, 2022
- How to clean and organise your summer house - January 27, 2022
- How Often Should Pest Control Visit Your Home? - January 13, 2022