Following some of my personal research I made while renovating my home, I would like to turn your attention to the water saving devices that will actually do most of the work for you. Once you install them, you won’t have to worry about forgetting to turn the taps off, etc.
1. The toilet. Out of date toilet bowls waste away tons of water every year. Around 30% of the water consumption of your household is being flushed down the toilet! If you want to save some money, rather pick a low-flow toilet, or install a toilet water saving device. These devices are really cheap, like $2, or something like that. I even heard at some places they give them away for free! They will reduce your water consumption and bring these 30% to a much lower number. You will be able to see for yourself when your next utility bill comes along.
3. Forget about the hose and get some buckets. With buckets you can easily collect water and use it to wash windows, patios, the floor, the car and water the plants. Not only it is a good exercise, but you will save more water. Using a hose is easy and that’s one reason why it is so wasteful. You will think twice when you wash your car and will make sure that you don’t have to carry another bucket.
2. Bathtub Divider. If you have a baby, or a little toddler, this bathtub divider is a great way to wash your baby in the tub. It will have great times in there with saving more than 50% of the water you will normally use. Your child will be safer as it will be virtually impossible to drown or bump itself in such a limited area. Just make sure your toddler doesn’t make any attempts to step over the divider.
4. Showerheads. They are efficient and low-cost (most of them). These also come with a “pause water” features that allow you to shampoo your hair, put conditioner, mask, scrub your body, shave, while no water is wasted. You can perform all your shower routines and pause whenever you need. When the water is back on, you won’t have to adjust the temperature all over again! Ain’t that great.
5. Water-saving Kitchen Faucets. Simply look for them in the nearest superstore. They are amazing for saving water, while you use the kitchen sink.
Hopefully all these will save you lots of money from utility bills. After all, this money you can spend for something else and that is your right! The water company has enough as it is!
- Top 9 Things To Have In Backpack For Your Next Beach Summer Holiday - March 23, 2020
- 5 Reasons Why Professional Interior Decor Is Worthwhile - March 9, 2020
- Top 6 things to keep in mind before installing rooftop solar panels - February 4, 2020