There is nothing better on an Easter morning than the rich and sweet scent of freshly baked Easter bread, which brings back happy childhood memories. Treat yourself and your family to a home baked, soft and tasty Easter bread this year. Although it is not quite like a child’s play, I managed to simplify the process a little, so here’s an easier recipe which doesn’t lack any of the taste qualities of the traditional Easter bread.
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2/3 cup of milk
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons of butter, melted
- Start by mixing together 1 cup of the flour with the sugar, yeast and salt. Stir them well in a large bowl. Then put the milk and butter in a small saucepan, and heat until the butter becomes soft, but not fully melted.
- Pour the milk and butter mixture into the bowl with the flour. Do it slowly and gradually, while you stir eagerly. Add the eggs and half a cup of the flour. Blend it all well. Then keep adding the flour half a cup at a time while you continue stirring. When the dough forms together, put it on a lightly floured counter top. Knead it for about 10 minutes, or until it is soft and elastic.
- Return the dough to a large bowl, and lightly oil it. Then cover the bowl with a damp cloth and put it in a warm place to rise. In fact, for best results it is recommended that you do the whole preparation in a warm room, this will keep the dough smooth and soft. The dough will need about an hour to rise.
- Return the dough to the floured surface and split it into two equal parts. Roll each of them into a long roll, about 4 cm thick. Use the rolls to form a loosely braided ring and seal the ends together.
- Put the bread on a buttered baking sheet, cover again with a damp cloth and let it rise in a warm place for about 45 mins. Or until it doubles its size. Afterwards, brush the loaf with melted butter.
- Bake in a preheated oven (175 degrees °C) for about 50 minutes, or until the loaf turns deliciously golden.
The Easter bread is best enjoyed in the happy company of family and dearest friends.
- Top 9 Things To Have In Backpack For Your Next Beach Summer Holiday - March 23, 2020
- 5 Reasons Why Professional Interior Decor Is Worthwhile - March 9, 2020
- Top 6 things to keep in mind before installing rooftop solar panels - February 4, 2020